I woke up not to long ago from a deep and peaceful sleep. At first glance of my cell phone I thought I saw a 9 making me think automatically that I had missed my alarm. I slowly got out of bed, still washed tiredness yet not feeling grumpy because it was sabbath.
As I began to get things in order to prepare to get ready to leave for services I realized that the 9 I thought I saw was actually a 7. So now I am sitting here writing this quick blog.
God is good. Life is good. I feel this quietness, and contentment and this settled peace within.
When I left work yesterday I made my way to the home of a new friend. He and his wife were hosting a small gathering in honour of Shavuot. He greeted me with a warm embrace and introduced me to everyone. We all sat on his back deck underneath the numerous tall trees that shaded and surrounded us; constant circuits of gentle breeze flowing amidst their tops and down to us.
There was deep reflective conversation on the nature of God, life, and humanity. The wisdom allowed to us to connect to God's greatness. My friend gave a class on God building His dwelling here on earth within those individuals who allow His pressence and work in themselves through a life of faith and dedication.
Shortly after we had a wonderful meal, before which my friend had said this prayer from, (the book escapes me) that was so melodious and beautiful...all I could do was close my eyes and rock to everyone singing the prayer around me, I felt this pressence, I mean literally felt it within and surrounding my physical being outside of me. I asked my friend to please record me the prayer he had sung so that I could learn it and sing it the way he did. He then went on to tell me that all scripture itself was melody; the torah and psalms having their own melody. Inspiring.
I met some wonderful people last night, all of whom had a level of faith expression that was more refined and disciplined than my own. They had this expression of deep torah observance strongly focused on Messiah; all tempered in this grace that was reflective in their speech and actions. It was refreshing and of itself an admonishment for my own life.
I am so glad, so grateful for all the wonderful people of faith I have been blessed to meet throughout the years. God has placed them there, allowing me not only to have nurturing relationships but to be honed spiritually as I grew close to Him. And He is continuing to do it as I walk this journey. I hope and pray I never take such blessings for granted.
Much love to whomever reads this. Remember God in all that you do. Shalom, (Peace)
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
wonderful to hear brother, HaShem is so great, and we never run out of reasons as he continues to do more when all necessary really has been done. Lovely to read.
Thank you for your kind insight, Baruch Hashem indeed sis
Post a Comment