Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Blessed Weekend

God is so good. And He is to be praised in all things. I say this from a heart of gratefulness for the wonderful blessings he has allowed me to partake in. But I know that I should have just as grateful of an heart in the hard times also.

I was able to spend yesterday...the entire day; with one of my close friends that was getting married later on that day. It was so awesome to be able to be with him throughout the day and spend quality time, and do things here and there for him to get ready for his big moment. In the end it was also a blessing to stand at his side. As he heard his admonishments, said his vows, and took to him his bride in front of the gathered witnesses. I remember crying as I heard the counsel of the man presiding over the wedding, and feeling subtle affirmations and confirmations about my own life. The weather was beautiful also, all week there was a forecast of 90% chance of rain and thunderstorms...but God blessed the skies to be clear with white clouds and a cool breeze, the weather was perfect.


There is so much I can write about what I experienced. One unique thing is that my friend, is Hispanic, and I of course, am African American, for those of you blog readers who don't know. So I was in a unique place where for the majority of the time I was with him, his family, and friends, I heard spanish continually. And all though I speak it a little. (very little) I was able to tap into the spirit and power of language and understand through citcumstances and context...a lot of what was being said around me. That was pretty cool.

I thank God for the great diversity he has placed in my life. All of my closest friends are of another nationality other than my own and I am so grateful because it has taught me so much about life. My three closest friends are White, Jewish, and Hispanic. Awesome :)


One thing that has been impressed on my heart since my time with my friend who was getting married was a desire to do an indepth study through the scriptures in regards to finding a woman, establishing a relationship, and marriage. I know there are scriptures about Godly men and women and even marriages...but I want to go deeper, I want to look at various accounts in the scriptures so that I can see what God shows is the proper order, and or His desire in such things. I think it will be exciting..I remember sending a mass text message out to some close brothers/friends of mines asking them about this and I have already got a bunch of study material to start with. So I'm excited in that regard.

Last but not least I was blessed to be able to serve the homeless this morning with the college/career group of the congregation that I have been frequenting...all I can say is that I am beginning to see a formulation in direction with what God would have be do in regards to my desire to serve more. I am just going to take things one step at a time and see what he shows. I am so grateful for life...God has given me so much and its so encouraging to recognize his constant blessing and provision in the seemingly small things which aren't so small.

Thank you blog reader for your time. Take Care. Be blessed. And remember God in all that you do. Shalom.

2 comments:

Valea said...

Danny...you are truly blessed. Sharing this experience has shown my YHWH's blessing in our lives. I pray YHWH will give me and my family the opportunity to serve others as you do. Blessings to you...may YHWH continue to walk with you.

Danny A. Fluker Jr. said...

Thank You Mrs. Hall, I am honored, and grateful that I have the blessing of knowing you and your family.

It has been an unprecedented blessing for me to know you all. I am grateful to our Abba...thank you for your kind words, and I hope and pray that YHWH continues to walk with you also :)