Oh man. I don't know where to start.
God is good. Life is good. I'm here at work right now, things are a little quiet.
Yesterday my mom told me that she received info in the mail regarding a sale at a dealership down the street. The sale goes on through this weekend, and their offers are pretty amazing.
Since I am scheduled to leave town tomorrow the only time I will be able to check out the dealership before the sale ends is tonight. So; if God will's I will get a car tonight. All I know is I want it to be right and of Him. Because only then will it be blessed.
Speaking of going out of town. I don't know if I can put into words how grateful and excited I am about going to Missouri to be in my best friends wedding. This has been on my heart for a long time, and its all the more special because God has allowed me to become so close to the lives of this family, to the point where there is a bond beyond both blood and spirit. A bond that I don't have a word for. This is an exceedingly special time in the life of my brother, and I am greatly honored to be able to share in the joy that is His and his beloved.
Its exciting. I plan to leave work early tomorrow to catch my 5:45pm flight, I gotta pack and do laundry tonight...get my hair cut tomorrow...good stuff, good times..oh snap! I gotta learn how to play poker by tomorrow night!! Haha!
Anyway, ummm...I think thats about it. Oh yeah, in other news..and I rarely if ever do current events but I thought this was interesting...Phylicia Rashad, one of, if not my favorite black actresses is playing the matriarch in the broadway play "August". She is playing a white mother of an all white family. That is so friggin awesome! It speaks to her impeccable acting skills...(remember Claire Huxtable?)....she transcends race! So cool. So friggin cool!
Also Barack Obama is traveling across seas to address the Muslim world. I think I will take some time out to do some more research on Islam. In the past I have had some very close friends who were Muslim; one of whom expressed to me plainly and quite often that I would make a quote "Good Muslim". I told him if I didn't have to deny Yeshua as my atonement, and mediator between myself and God, then I could at least consider it, but as it stands, its not an option. I respect and love Muslims though, and I will continue to do as the Bible admonishes me, and that is to, "honor all men", "follow peace with all men", and "have a clear conscience before God and man" (1 Peter 2:17, Hebrews 12:14, Acts 24:16) All of which, might I say, appears to be what our President himself is doing. Anyway. Much love to whomever reads this....SHALOM!!!
ps-North Korea is trippin...
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Going out of Town & Other Thoughts
Labels:
Barak Obama,
Bible,
Brodway,
Islam,
Muslim,
Phylicia Rashad,
Yeshua
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Might be getting a car, eh? Congrats. :-)
Thanks Judah :)
Post a Comment