Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer Anticipations & Olive Juice

I am really looking forward to this upcoming weekend. My close friend David is getting married..and I have the honor and blessing of standing near his side at this special time.

As of now I have one more day before that time.

I wanted to write a quick blog to share some thoughts that have been on my heart as of late. I took a spiritual gifts test recently and it revealed that my greatest gifts of the spirit are mercy and exhortation. I found this to be so true...and I am grateful...I am grateful for the unique experiences that God has allowed me to take part in, the life He has given me, and the blessing of being born in this special time in history. I am grateful for who he has made me to be, and what He is shaping me to become. I hope I continue to be shaped and grow in what He has planted in my existence and being.

I had a much needed short conversation with someone special yesterday; it added to some closure that I have come to take part in. I am grateful for lessons learned and mercy...and I am all the more anticipating the possibilities of what may come in my lifetime with whomever God may bless me to be with; I think on such things, but I don't focus to much on it.

On a some what different note, the issue of my love, respect, and appreciation for the Jewish people has been on my heart as of late. My spiritual connection to them that has been granted me through the God of their Fathers..indeed the God of all...is something that has been the underlying current....thriving heart beat of my walk of faith.

There are many personally in my life who would possibly question my love and admiration for them...my appreciation, and my willingness to give credit to them.

And to such questions I would say that there is an historical, cultural, and spiritual contribution that has been given by and through them, (and their shared communal history) to our world and its unprecedented. For those who question their identity, (as so many in my personal past have done) I point no further than the God of Heaven and Earth who has granted them a name and continuity that none other can claim. So I say simply give them the honor they are do. God has; and He is not mocked.

I am really looking forward to this summer, like I said I get to be in the weddings of two very special brothers/friends in my life, the first of which is this weekend, the latter of which will be in June. I also have plans to go to New York to visit a close friend/play cousin. Much love Joseph!! And then later in the year there is going to be a weekend retreat for the college career group of the congregation that I have been frequenting. I'm excited about so many things...my uncle emailed me last night offering to allow me to take a course this summer for free...something that I can not pass up! So I think I may do that, if God willing, I have my transportation issue worked out. Gotta get them wheels :)

Shalom to whomever reads this; Be Blessed.


ps-Olive Juice is just another way of saying, "I love Jews"

No comments: