Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Take Away

ok,

I have to get up in four hours to go to a meeting with my job. But I wanted to write a quick blog.


Today was a blessing, it was MLK day so I had off work, I ended up going to the Apex Museum, which is an African American History Museum here in Atlanta, I haven't been there since I was a young boy. I also went to the burial site of Martin Luther King Jr, and His wife, and to their home. It was to crowded to tour the inside so I just stood on the outside and took pictures. Its weird because I have lived in this city all of my life and I have never (since coming into adulthood) taken advantage of all the historical sites of this city in which I live.

As the night began I met up with the Goldberg family at a movie theater at Atlantic Station and we saw Defiance.

I want to say that it was such a blessing to me to be able to see that particular movie with their family. And the movie itself was amazing. Interestingly enough it was a true story and had elements of the Maccabees and the Exodus from Egypt both in the actual story.

I feel like there is more I want to share, and indeed there is, but I have to get some rest tomorrow if I want to be able to function.

I do want to share one thing, tonight when I was packing clothes to spend the night over here at my dads I found a piece of paper I had scribbled a poem on that I had written early last year. I ended up typing it up around the same time...so I have it posted below.

Shalom to whomever reads this...

ps-Tomorrow the 44th President of the United States is set to be sworn in; I have to admit, I do carry a since of pride in the moment. I even felt it today when I walked up Auburn avenue amongst my people. But thats just on the carnal side of things; spiritually, I know my people are only those who have given their lives to the faith and obedience of the Heavenly Father, through his Son.

ps2-During the march up Auburn avenue I witnessed a Pro-Palestinian march...I had so mixed feelings when I saw it.

ok..the poem...below!! GOODNIGHT!! & SHALOM TO WHOMEVER READS THIS! :)


ok so i can't find it...maybe in the next blog, sorry

No comments: