As I write this post, there are two more days before a number of individuals from around the world begin a 24 hour fast for the Messianic believers living in Israel.
For those who are fasting, the reasons for doing so are many. Love for the believing Jewish communities living in Israel. Awareness of hardship and persecution faced on a daily basis. Hope and assurance in Gods promise to the Jewish people.
I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.--Jeremiah 31:3
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.—Jeremiah 29:11
The Jewish people are referred to as God’s firstborn, His heritage, and special treasure.
When we look at the scriptures that are left to us from the believing Jewish community of the 1st Century we see glimpses of God’s plan for redemption and consummation for Israel and for all of mankind. A move of God worked in and through the Jewish people.
How beautiful is it then, to know that there are Jewish people in our own time, who believe in Yeshua (Jesus) of Nazareth, holding to His teachings and His promises, and believing that He is indeed the Anointed One sent from God into the earth.
Think about that for a minute. Jewish people; God’s people, who believe in the one God sent for them.
There is something ineffably precious there.
There are hundreds of Messianic Synagogues/Congregations all over the world. I attend one here in Atlanta, and know a large number of Jewish families and its such a blessing in my life to worship and be in community with them.
Of special significance is the presence of Messianic Congregations in the land of Israel. Its awing when one considers that the root of the Christian faith started as such.
I personally know a believing Jewish family living in Northern Israel in the city of Karmiel, and as I fast (God willing) this up coming Wednesday I will think of them along with the many other Jewish believers in the land.
Check out this message I got from a spokeswoman from the organization that is heading off this fast.
We are so touched here in Israel be your faith and dedication to pray for us...and we are honored to join you as well! I can hardly wait to tell you all the miracles that will come from this...
Please fast as you feel led...whether it be from coffee or a meal or a full fast, all are honored in His sight! (and well appreciated)
also, fast and pray during your time zone..dont try to match up with us here in Israel...that way when you sleep, we pray, and visa versa!
I pray for your strength and safety during this time...
remember that our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the powers and principalities and strong holds...and He gives us the legal right to cast these down!!!!
with all of our heart of gratitude of thanks here at maoz,
~Nili
I look forward to this fast. God is faithful and He is true.
Much blessing will come from this, this much is certain. Countless souls will be humbled as we refrain and as we remember. As we pray and seek God's face on behath of His people living in the Land; most specifically those who believe.
It is written, one day Israel will say “Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord”, and “all Israel will be saved” and the rest of mankind will see God’s glory in them and be drawn to the God of Jacob through Jacob’s children. And the Son of Jacob, Son of David will reign in mercy and justice in a Kingdom who's government will see no end.
Shalom, Shalom Blog Reader,
ps-Check out this Video from Maoz
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
may you have an easy fast.
thank you Ahavah :)
Post a Comment