The fast was beautiful. I started it midnight Wednesday morning. I remember my last few items of food. I had a grilled chicken salad, and water. And then I had a Bolthouse Farms drink (which in itself contained 2 1/2 bananas, 54 strawberries and five apples!) a small thing of pound cake and another bottle of water, all up until about 11:58pm.
I was blessed to spend that night with a close brother/friend in the faith. He is a Sephardi Jew. He is a native born Israeli (Sabra) and his family is descendant of those Jews who were part of the persecutions in Spain during the Inquisition. His family is from Brazil, but before that they came from Spain and Egypt. Pretty cool stuff.
I was blessed to start my fast off by praying with my Israeli friend. I just sat there quiet as he held my hand and offered up prayers for the believers in Israel. It was so powerful because he was praying from understanding and personal experience. I was able to wake up that following morning before work and stared at the some what darkened sky and the wind blowing and began to say a prayer of my own for the believers living in Israel. Later that afternoon during one of my breaks I went into one of the upper lounges in the building where I worked and offered another deep prayer there. As midnight came around again I was back at my Jewish friends home with a plate of food that had been set aside for me to eat right at midnight. My friend and I prayed again before the meal, and again I just sat and listened. It was awesome.
I thank God. I felt a deep since of joy and contentment and hope in regards to the fast while I was doing it and I thank God for allowing me to partake in something in solidarity with so many people who not only have a heart for Israel and her believers but also for the believers in Israel themselves who were fasting and praying. Much blessing has and will continue to come from this. God is faithful.
I want to leave you with two videos I saw yesterday. The first is from Maoz Israel which is an organization that does unprecedented work for the believers in Israel. They are also the one's who initiated the world wide fast for the Jewish believers in Israel. (I personally think it should be an annual thing.) This video tells what Maoz is about and the work they do.
The second video is one that my Jewish friend's father showed us yesterday in His home, it is sort of a national pride type of video for the land and people of Israel. It is really awing. It made me appreciate even more what God is doing with His people, the Jewish people in the Land of Israel.
Peace Blog Reader thank your your time. Enjoy the videos!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Danny I've just watched the second vid - what a profound effect it has - dont you think.
Post a Comment