Friday, February 6, 2009

update

I am so grateful for life.....so grateful for the chance to live in Him, and simply live this life for Him.


I am very blessed.....for provision, for understanding, for health, peace of mind and guidance.

I have to make this blog quick, I will share two things that I have read recently, one from someone who at one time was one of my closest friends I have had in the faith, and the other is from another brother in the faith who wrote me about my current situation.


The first is below.




******

Mat 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Tit 3:10-11 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.
-----------------------------
Danny,

With your own words you have condemned yourself. Your lies and confusion have no place in my ear. Do not contact me again unless you repent.


*****************************

When I first read this yesterday, I was disheartened for a great part of the rest of the day. Because as you can see, I am perceived as being someone who was in Christ, having His savor (as one amongst the salt of the earth) to having lost his savor and as such being cast out and worthless. I also, according to whats above, am a "heretick", "subverted" and have not yet repented of my obvious sin. For those of you who may not have read some of my previous blogs about my journey in this faith and my leaving of my previous congregation, here are a few links to old blogs regarding the topic.


some more thoughts on my leaving my congregation blog



this past weekend and some thoughts on openness blog



faith and perceptions blog



but in short. my sadness and frustration over this is that I know these things to not be true. I know it, God knows. And my conscience is clear, yet the fact that I am perceived as this...its kind of hard to describe how that feels. I am not a heretick,...... from what I understand a heretick to be, (and correct me if I am wrong) but a heretick is someone who speaks against Christ and his gospel, and the message of the scriptures as a whole. And what made me be perceived as a heretick was the fact that I choose to place my identity in Christ, and not a supposed bloodline from Israel, I also was perceived as an heretick because of my belief that the Jewish people are in fact Israel; last but not least I am believed to be a heretick because I got water baptised. Writing this now feels absurd, but its the reality of the ideology that I was once apart of, and being on the outside of that ideology I am perceived as a sinner, and one who has forsaken Christ.

I am a sinner, and I did make some mistakes, but I have not forsaken Christ. and my choices to be water baptized, and place my spiritual identity SOLELY in Christ are all scriptural. I prayed about this issue yesterday and even sent a message to the brother asking to speak with him. I finally got peace as the sunset yesterday, when I just let go of my thoughts concerning everything; I just simply refused to dwell on them. In my prayer I had prayed to be free of the heart ache, and the answer came for me to free myself of it because I was already free. Ultimately I can't make anyone see the freedom that I have in Christ, and for that I am not ashamed. I can only live this life of faith the best I know how in accordance to what is written in the Holy Scriptures.

The next thing I would like to share is a little bit more uplifting. Check out this email I got this morning from a close friend in the faith.





Shalom man

I read about the car getting stolen on your facebook man. That is rough, but praises be that you have family that's willing to help you out and get yourself straight, man. That's a real blessing, even though living with the madre at 26 might not be the coolest thing, take it as an opportunity and a blessing to embrace YHWH and thank for the gift of family and for chance to seek Him, even if it is in struggle. Remember that we are never forced to call upon Him, we are given the opportunity.

I guess I'm saying, yo, do you, haha. I have to do myself... myself. My plans for the sumner have changed a bit and i'm thinking that instead of the longer trips I had wanted to take I'll be taking shorter trips to DC and Baltimore just because I live about 90 minutes from dc and just over two hours from Baltimore, so I can make it in a day. Plus, Baltimore is doing shit to commerorate Edgar Allen Poe all year, so I want to check that out, even if he was from Richmond.

On a different note, I did some math today on where bush left us. That is, ten trillion dollars in debt. Let me rephrase, it's 10000000000000 in debt. Apparently, if you stack stack that amount in dollar bills it would reach well to the moon and back. That got me calculating...

It would take every American citizen, immigrant,( that makes about 400000000) and many canadians paying about $35,000 to pay off this debt in one go.

If we paid one dollar every second of every day of every month of every year of every decade of every score of every century of ever millenia from the time Jesus was born until now, this debt would only be 10% paid.

That means that we would have to pay one dollar every second for 20,000 years to pay this debt off.

If my calculations are correct, and by history, that means that if a slave who escaped from Moses heard the ten commandments and decided to start saving a dollar every second, that's 1440 dollars a day, through the Babylonian captivity, the rise and fall of Greece AND Rome, and tons of other stuff, THAT guy would have as much money as george bush spent in eight years. Not even what
bush spent, that's the EXTRA amount bush spent. That's the cost of the tax cuts.

My math could be wrong, I don't know. I just thought you'd find that interesting.

Shalom man,
The Duberometer

Sent from my iPhone



a couple things...

lol I am 24, not 26! and yes I do plan to move in with my mom. I have been on my own for a number of years now, and have been doing quite well. However with the recent events concerning my car, I decided I want to get a new vehicle, and a new model is going to require a down payment. So the plan is to take my mom up on her offer to move in with her and save the money that I would spend on rent in preparation for buying a new vehicle, and to also spend that time looking for a new place to stay. So if it be the Heavenly Father's Will this is what I will do. So thats pretty much it as far as an update.

Oh yeah! The Hall family invited me to keep Passover with them! I am so excited. We are presently in the 11th Hebrew month and Passover is supposed to be in the early part of April this year.........so awesome. I'm really looking forward to that. As well as my best friends wedding in June.

Anyway, shalom to whomever reads this. Take Care.

No comments: