Friday, February 13, 2009

Life Reflections....and Messiah the Seed of Abraham

Its morning now, Im here at work. I'm very quiet-calm, and reflective at the moment, I thought I would let some thoughts out.

I've been very blessed, and I am grateful for mercy and for life in Him. Work is going well also, and everything seems to be falling into place with my laying my foundations for savings. The goal is to save for a new vehicle and a new place to stay, possibly even a small house, something that I never really considered until recently. But all in all, I just want to do God's Will, follow his guidance, and seek his righteousness and kingdom.

As I rode the train into work this morning I just reflected on life, and life in Him, my identity, love, .....so many peaceful thoughts, I had my eyes closed to the warmth and brightness of the direct sun beaming in the glass pain of the train.

As I sat there and texted a close brother of mines, I thought about just leaving everything, work.....money, leaving everything behind and going on missions work......thats something that has flashed in and out of my mind for the past few months now, and it wouldn't surprise me if I am called to just leave everything behind and just up and go and minister to those in other countries, I know of a brother who helps orphans and persecuted Christian in various provinces in India, such as Orissa. I am in communication with him throughout the week. I learned that the smallest contributions in american money can do so much over there, it really humbled me. I got a message from him recently and he shared that $50.00 has fed 30 people for three days. I pay more than that in groceries and I live on my own. Its crazy.


But yeah time will tell concerning the whole missions thing; right now my heart is set on saving for the future, as I stated above I am saving for a new vehicle and a new place to stay. Its weird because with my job and pay going so well, even in such hard times for so many other people, I feel at times as though I should prepare myself to remain stable in the blessings that I have been given, so that I can continue to help myself and others who may be in need and possibly even have the foundation laid to take a wife and family. And then on the other hand, there is that desire to just leave everything, leave the hustle and bustle of work, dwelling in the city, and embrace missions work, and immerse myself in ministering to others in other countries, and finding a deeper relationship with God and others in new experiences and environments. Yet I also know that I have family in need here, and there is so much ministering to be done to people in need here. Ultimately it comes down to having died to myself enough, and having the quietness within enough to hear God's guidance in my life so that I can do as He Wills and not as I will.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,and, do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,and he will direct your paths.Be not wise in your own eyes;fear the LORD, and turn away from evil-Proverbs 3:5-7

I want to go through this journey with God, not against him, I want to experience the good along the way, to experience, to know that I am still His, and in accord with Him, I don't want to transgress to the point that I look up one day and I am escaped and estranged from Him.

I want to die to the flesh and live in faith to the spirit of our Savior so that I can truly love my Heavenly Father with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.




Before I end this blog I want to change gears a little bit and reflect on a book that I am presently rereading. The first time I read this book was late last summer, and it came at a crucial time in my life and in this walk of faith. It gave me a deeper insight and a greater affirmation in my convictions concerning placing my physical and spiritual identity solely in the only begotten Son of the Heavenly Father. I am reading it again presently and it is all the more refreshing.

This book was written by D. Thomas Lancaster and he is part of an educational ministry called First Fruits of Zion. I really recommend them for anyone who is searching for a deeper relationship with God and the Savior through a greater embrace of a life lived after the scriptures as they are written.

Anyway this book is called "They Mystery of the Gospel-Jew and Gentile and the Eternal Purpose of God" Its a very thorough and clear literary work, and it explains the non jewish believers relationship to God's chosen people Israel, and it explains how through Messiah the non jewish believer has a legitimate place amongst Israel. He uses both scriptural and historical references,guiding the reader through various points of reflection and consideration. He goes through scripture; prophecy, and expounding concerning things that Christ taught about his followers and the depth and richness of the gospel to Israel and all mankind; ultimately showing the Saviors redemptive work towards Israel and those from the nations joined unto her.

Needless to say, such scriptural truths have not only been life changing for me but are also refreshing. Here are a few excerpts from the book that were very moving for me.

"In Genesis 22:18, God promises Abraham, "In thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed." Does this passage mean that Abraham's seed must be scattered through all the nations on the earth? Does it mean that all nations will be descended from Abraham's seed? My claim to the inheritance of the Kingdom and my place of standing in Israel is not based on my genetic descent. The truth that lays claim on me is much deeper, much more profound and much more powerful than Jewish ancestry. I am apart of the seed of Abraham because I am part of the body of Messiah, and Messiah is the seed of Abraham. ....The Master taught us that when we place faith in Him, we are in Him and He is in us. We are no longer ourselves alone, but we are invested with a share of His identity, His vivifying life force, even His very identity, is placed within us. ...In the same mystical and inexplicable sense that He is One with the Father because He is in the Father and the Father is in Him, so too we are made a part of this circle of unity when we come to faith. "

"Paul tells us that Messiah is "the seed of Abraham". Yeshua is Abraham's seed in a sense even more true and eternal than Isaac is. Yeshua is the ultimate fulfillment of those seed promises, and the promise is one of blessing for all nations in Abrahams seed....How do we enter into Abraham's seed, especially if that seed is one man? We enter into the seed of Abraham when we enter into Messiah. Only in Messiah can one truly be in Abraham's seed! The Master told us, "I am in the Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. If we are in Messiah and He is in us, then we are in the seed of Abraham and the seed of Abraham is in us. "



again, reflecting on these things shortly before reading this book and afterward has been very transforming for my walk in this faith. In the past I embraced a faith, that was in bondage to an ideology that placed ones salvation in a supposed (and unprovable) physical descent from Israel, while at the same time denying that descent from those who have historically held that name and identity for thousands of years. Its a long story, and previous blogs may clarify. The bottom line though is, I found something deeper,truer, and more affirming and that is indeed Messiah. And he suffices in all things. Both in salvation and in identity.

One last excerpt.

"Paul said, "Therefore, if anyone is in Messiah, he is a new creaton; the old has gone, the new has come!" My Gentile ethnos is no longer relevant as regards to my place in the Kingdom. I am in Messiah. I am in the seed of Abraham. I am a new creation. I am part of the seed of Abraham. If I accept those truths, then I am no longer in any need of claiming Israelite ancestry; I have no need to search for a Jew in my genealogy. If, however, my identity in Messiah is not adequate to assure my position in Israel, then I have not fully understood my new identity. If I have not embraced the reality of Messiah in me and myself in Messiah, then I am left outside trying to understand my position in the People of God. However, if I have admitted that through faith I am in Messiah the Seed of Abraham and Messiah the Seed of Abraham is in me, I need no further identification."


Recently I shared thoughts with a friend of mines who is Jewish,he is also a believer in the Messiah. I said that I am grateful that as a Gentile (because of Messiah)I have a place amongst the people of Israel, and can embrace this life of faith and take hold of the covenants and inheritance given to God's people Israel. He told me that in his eyes he didn't see me as a Gentile and that I wasn't any less Jewish than he was...and that meant so much to me. I am so grateful for so many things.

I suppose I will end here......oh yeah one more thing, I know I mentioned this before but the Hall Family invited me up to keep passover with them. I am so grateful that God has allowed my past mistakes to be healed, that he has blessed me to become closer to their family, and that I have been able to find grace in Mr. Hall's eyes.

Also! My close friend David asked me to be a groomsman in His wedding, thats two weddings this year!, from two people who are very close to my heart. First it was Sean, now its David.

Shalom to whomever reads this.


**Excerpts were taken from pgs. 169 & 170 of "The Mystery of the Gospel-Jew and Gentile and the Eternal Purpose of God" by D. Thomas Lancaster./ISBN:1-892124-07-6 This book and many others can be purchased at www.ffoz.org

Closing Scriptures:
*John Chapter 17
*Ephesians Chapter 2 & 3

No comments: