A few things of note have transpired. I’ve spent a significant amount of time with my family lately. For both good and bad reasons. Unfortunately, one of my closest cousins, (more like a brother than anything else) lost his two year old son to the abuse of a babysitter. Anyone reading this please keep he and his family in prayer.
Also, my brothers and sisters and I have gotten together recently, spending an entire day at the lake and barbequing. It was nice, seeing my nieces and nephews play and just having fun like old times. I don’t normally spend that much time with my brothers and sisters, and I live far away so this time together was inviting and a nice change of pace.
Family is so important and I pray I never loose sight of just how important they are. Its also cool to know that we are all adults now and a lot of the BS we did to one another as youth seems real small and trivial, hmm, maybe because it is.
Something else of note, my friend that I wrote about in my last post has made plans to rent out my room for an indefinite amount of time. Which is most certainly cool with me, he’s a great guy, very personable, strong of conviction and frank, and an amazing musical artist. I dare say musical genius. And I get to hear it everyday :)
Its been really nice to have life in my home. This past Shabbat was a perfect example, his close friend was over and mines came over too, we ate dinner, had a great talk, had laughter. I’m amazed at the beauty of having life within four walls, I can’t imagine what it will be like when I (God willing) will have a family. I’m so grateful for the small condo that I now call home. God is faithful. Gonna paint soon too! Oh the fight to find the right color!! Grrrr. ;)
Next week, my long awaited trip will be realized, God willing. I will head down to Boca Raton Florida to spend the weekend with one of my mentors. Someone told me once that mentorship comes from friendship and that’s exactly what happened with all of my mentors. My mentor in Florida in particular has been someone who has strongly influenced a lot of my spiritual growth within the past half year. God has used him to show me what it is to fall in love with Christ and be passionate in my pursuit and desire of Him. I’m grateful that I have begun this new journey in my walk of faith and have been able to see the different hues that this love and pursuit has taken and what it means for me in the moments of reflection of God’s constant nearness, relentless love, and complete supply through the gift of His Son, and impartation of His Spirit.
I have some things to look forward to this summer, like a seminar done by Beit Moreshet (or Heritage House) in Florida, and I look forward to being a groomsman yet again for some good friends. It will be in the Biltmore Ballroom here in Atlanta, how cool is that? I think that’s it for updates.
Oh, I'm not much on politics but I have been following the Palestinian push for a state in September like a hawk.
I want to leave with a video of what has to be my official anthem as a believer. I love this song so much. The lyrics and rhythm really get me going! Peace.
Ah...looks like I can't embed... link
http://youtu.be/au3EGgISYMc
PS-Matisyahu Responded to My Tweet Today. He said and I quote:
@DansAngelFlew thanks. That's nice of you.
HOW FRIGGIN COOL IS THAT?!
PS2- I already got my tickets to his concert in August!



No comments:
Post a Comment