Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Trip to Florida and Life....

My recent trip to Florida was full of so many blessings. God met me and my mentor both.
I thank God; each moment of that weekend was full of an awareness of God's nearness and work. I was ministered to, my mentor David was ministered to also. Affirmation and Strength, Wisdom and Love....I received all of these things, gratefully.

It was good to see realness and humanity in my mentor. I always have but, good to be reminded of it in person. It was awesome to just spend time and have fun and take things lightly and chill.

Got some good prayer and study time in.

The weather was awesome too! Warmth and Sun. The beaches.......man, the beaches,...deep hues of blue and green, relentless yet welcoming waves. I remember part of the sermon for the lesson during Shabbat service mentioned seeing the ocean as a symbol of God's love, how you can stand on the one end and not see the other...except, with God's love there is no "other"....it's endless.


I got immersed again too. Truly special moment there. Grateful.

If I could say just two things that I took away from the trip by way of revelation it'd be this.

1.) The reality of God's nearness; our ability to know Him just as tangibly and palpably as we may know anything in the natural world, and how this reality affects our inner most being and provides a means to which our faith can sustain us through out the inconsistencies and variables of life...to hold to and be still in the fulness of that God has supplied in His Son...


2.) Masculinity : Bestowed from God to man. And if a man, (rightly-righteously) confers, and affirms this to another man, then that masculinity is grasped and settled in the one receiving. This too can be passed on to another, and then to another. Men of God are fashioned with the goal of Son's of God in view.

So much I could say (though not by any authority) on both these points. I guess it just suffices to say that these things are settled on my heart.

It's crazy, God willing I'll be headed right back down to Florida for the Beit Moreshet Seminar. Good stuff.


According to the title of this post that I just came up with on a Whim, I am supposed to write about Florida AND life....well, to be honest. Some things in my life right now are extremely personal. So let it suffice to say that there are some things that are very humbling in my life right now; yet and still God is beautiful. Life is beautiful.

Thank you for your time!

I want to leave you all with a few things.


Photo of my mentor's car. SUPER FAST. Like, literally Fast and Furious type fast ;)!!!







Amazing Song, I fell in love with during my trip to Florida, mentor played it often, can't get enough of it.




Photo of me and my mentor on the beach


No comments: