God is faithful. He continues to work on my heart. More and more I just want Him. He is all that matters. I want more of an awareness of an intimacy with His nearness, more of an awareness of His love and power in my life. I want to be still so that in me, there will be more of Him and less of me; or rather, a hiding of myself in Him.
A lot has changed in a short amount of time. Most significant was the request of a friend (a great guy, and strong believer) to rent my spare room for a single month during his moving transition. I had a really good talk with him last night and I believe I am going to gain much in this next month in way of experience and wisdom. My new roommate is one of those guys who just has a wealth of prudence and life experience in him, and I sensed a sort of temperament within my own self after speaking with him, (something that I have experienced before in past interactions) . Needless to say I think this will be a good fit , and I look forward to what God is going to do.
I finished, Watchman Nee’s The Normal Christian Life and was happy to find a slew of his writings available online for free.
This book has had a profound impact on me and my spiritual outlook. I am currently reading, “Renovation of the Heart-Putting on the Character of Christ” by Dallas Willard.
At the request of one of my mentors, I will be reading, “The Pursuit of God” by A.W. Tozer in the next few days.
Also, at the suggestion of my roommate I will also be reading “Love and the Messianic Age” by Paul Philip Levertoff.
With all these books to read I will have plenty of time in the evenings when I get home from work and on my commute to work in the mornings on the train to soak in this good stuff of God.
We have had some beautiful days here in Georgia recently. The sun and warmth are amazing. I find myself just wanting to spend every waking moment of my time outside under the sun. I walk past shadows and shade not wanting to be in them. I reflect on the spiritual reality as well, of God’s warmth and light; His grace and love.
Purim is soon. Such an awe inspiring story, and a true testimony to God’s faithfulness to the Jewish people. Something that I have stated time and time again is a testimony to His faithfulness to all of mankind.
He will restore, He will make new.
I read an article about a month ago regarding the burial sites of Esther and Mordecai. Its pretty interesting.
I think that’s about it. I will leave here. Thanks.
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Of Changes and Things to Read
Labels:
A.W. Tozer,
God,
Jewish People,
Paul Philip Levertoff,
Purim,
watchman nee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Hey Danny. Off-topic: Your Facebook account has been hacked, it appears. I just got a message from you telling me to click a link. It takes me to an app that wants to access all my information.
You might want to change your Facebook password.
Post a Comment