I know where I want to be.
In all of the hustle and bustle of my inner and outer world lately I find myself coming back to the same conclusion. I want to...need to be closer to God. He's already there, always beckoning. My thoughts (the 70,000 that we all supposedly have) go after so many needless things at any given moment. The cares of this world stifles the longing that I have deep down of giving God my all. Loving and simply being...used by Him and for Him, Him through me.
My car situation is not worked out yet, and the uncertainty there is a very real reality for me. What can I do with this but fight to let go and just have faith. I keep wanting to return to what the Savior promised in John 14:27,
Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
I'm very grateful for the help and selflessness of friends during this time.
Another thing that has been on my heart lately is what to do about school. What school to go to, what to study, how best to pay for it, do I pursue what I feel will make money or do I go after my true hearts desire (writing) knowing that I probably won't make a living that way. Or do both? I am glad to say though that I have inspiration and resources and with those two things I know that I can at least move forward with some form of confidence.
Lastly, friendships. I just want to be a good friend right now. I'll leave it at that. Trying to find a balance in how to do that. So often I get in the way.
I think thats about it. Oh yeah, its really, really cold outside. But I have learned that layering, and setting day time temps of 65 and night time temp of 68 will do pretty good. (Got that tip from an HVAC tech.)
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment