I'm on my sofa in my living room. I'm blasting Chris Tomlin's new cd, in a grateful mood, and content spirit. I got some chicken baking in the oven, some rice and brocoli on the top isles.....dinner should be ready in about 10 minutes or so now.
So much has happened over the past few days. First let me say that today was full of hidden and open blessing. I have a coworker who had a bad morning and he kind of blew up on his superiors, I was sent out to ride with him to help him with his route, and I truly believe that I was able to minister to him. Not so much in words as in just being an ear, and help to him. He's going through some hard times and the stress just got to him.
I was blessed also, he brought me home; when just moments before he made that decision I was worrying how I was going to get home. I was starting to not feel so patient about my presenttransportationless (i'm certain thats not a word hehe) situation.
More about that later.
Last night was amazing! I and some friends went to Passion City Church. The worship was led by Chris Tomlin.......simply amazing. The lesson was so thought provoking and humbling;it was on being fully alive.
Louie Giglio is an amazing man of God, and I can sit at his feet and drink Christ any day.
The night before that was a blessing also! I was able to host the college career group of my congregation for a night of art impressions. Each person shared something that they considered art. Spoken Word, Guitar accompanied songs, Youtube Videos, Paintings, Created work, and mini art lessons were given. Very Cool stuff.
Now regarding my car situation. Long story. So hears to keeing it short.
I desired to help out a family that I am close with and love very much. I decided to let them borrow my vehicle or an afternoon. The husband of the family rode with me into work and I handed him the keys so that he could make an appointment. Apparently, there was a very irate driver chasing and taunting the older gentlemen that I let borrow my car. He literally was chased down the highway until eventually being ran off the highway straight into an abbandoned vehicle on the side of highway. The gentlemen who borrowed my car literally had to crawl out of my car with the help of several witnesses. The doctors said it was the hand of God that he was not killed. He was released from the hospital with only body aches and stiffness. No internal bleeding or organ damage. No scratches. God is faithful. The guy who drove him off the highway as caught, arrested and liscense confiscated.
What a story huh?
My vehicle is totaled. Speaking of which I highly recommend that anyone who is buying a vehicle look into purchasing GAP. Bing it! Google it! It will prove handy for anyone who totals a vehicle they are making payments on. GAP can pay off what you owe on your car if you total it or loose it some how. It can also replace your car. All these wonderful things depending on circumstance. I am grateful that at my mom's urging I purchased GAP at the time I got my car from Carmax.
My situation is very humbling but I know God is at work. He's working in my life and the life of the family who's father/head was involved in the car accident. I am trying to stay quiet within to hear his voice and direction in this season, trying to remain grateful and adapt to this transition. Already though I see rays of light in how this is all working out and its very much an encouragement to my own faith. God provides; He is faithful, and ALL things work for the good of those who love Him, (Romans 8:28)
I am also grateful because my best friend has been so gracious in driving me around, taking me to work, and just being there for me. So grateful for you Elad if you are reading this man.
Well thats about it. Oh yeah, in the course of writing this blog I finished that good food I mentioned up above :D
ps-GET CHRIS TOMLIN'S NEW ALBUM! Support the seed plant that is Passion City Church!!
Peace!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment