Tonight will be special. Tonight, God Willing, I will dance. I will be with my new home congregation; a Messianic Synagogue here in Atlanta.
Last year, I remember visiting on this same night, the last of Sukkot, Simcat Torah, and rejoicing and dancing with them as my close friend Micah carried the Torah around a dancing crowd......I remember seeing it, and dancing with everyone and even holding a small Israeli flag.....I did all this not fully understanding why, but rejoicing non the less.
Tonight will be special. Not only because this place is where I now call home..but because I will be rejoicing with understanding.....rejoicing for the end of Sukkot and Simcat Torah.
I want to share something with you, bear with me a little as I take you back to this time last year. The date was October 18th, 2008.
It was a Saturday. I was asleep in my apartment at the time, I had erected large sheets and hung them from the ceiling around my bed. (My poor, POOR excuse for a Sukkah; haha.) Anyway, I got a phone call. It was from my mentor,spiritual guide, teacher...B.R. ) He stated that he and my other teacher wanted to see me later on that day. Generally, that wouldn't be a problem, because I always, faithfully went to Sabbath class, and I would never get a phone call requesting my presence there. But this time was different. This time I did get a phone call, and this time I had not planned on coming to class. I had plans to go visit a close friend and his family for a Sukkot Party that I had been invited to.
I explained this to my teacher while on the phone and he told me, "Its important" and so I drove in to class. To make a long story short.....I went in.......talked for hours with my two teachers, and ended up making a very hard decision to leave my home and place of fellowship of five years....I was literally going out into the unknown......I left in peace. And in the following weeks this blog was born.....with me spilling all my thoughts out and trying to make since of who and where I was, and where I had come from, and looking to God in hope for where I was going........I was literally making a transition with hope as the title of my blog states.
So its been nearly a year....and I have come a long way.....my convictions have changed, my ideology and world view have changed also.....and I am still growing, still journeying, still nurturing my faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.......yet this time I feel as though I have my feet on solid ground.
Those of my readers who know a little bit about my past, and where I have come from , can attest to what I write here.
I feel my feet are on solid ground. I thank God for bringing me into this season, for allowing me to be surrounded by wonderful, God fearing people are helping me grow, and apart of the nurturing of my faith. I am grateful to have pitched my tent with both Messianic Jews and non Jews who all have a heart for Yeshua, and the hope of the World to Come. I am grateful that I have been blessed to have a heart for God's people Israel, and a deep seated appreciation for the roots of my spiritual heritage, by which I have knowledge of the Creator of Heaven and Earth, access to the Holy Scriptures, and a promise and hope that are greater than anything that I can conceive.
I am grateful that I can honestly say I have solidarity with greater Christianity, and with the Jewish people the world over in a very unique and oft misunderstood way.
I am just grateful. And I am excited for whats ahead. So many things are on the Horizon. But as for now, and as for tonight. I will dance before the King, until the day that I and all the world kneel before His feet.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Danny,
I love reading your blog - everytime I come here, you're writing joyful things about God. Thumbs up, man.
Be blessed, Danny. Your hope and joy is encouraging to me.
Aww. Baruch Hashem Big Bro. I'm glad man. Shalom, shalom.
Post a Comment