Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Missouri

I just got back from my trip to Missouri last night. I am filled with so many wonderful experiences and memories from a short amount of time.

Of all the things that I can reflect on, what sticks out the most is the reason for which I was there; my best friends wedding. I have told him time innumerable in the past how much he is a role model. He lives for the Heavenly Father in all things, in word and deed, he is one of the hardest workers I know, doing manual labor for a living genuinely with care; and he has built and prepared his own home for he and his new wife.

My entire time on the trip I had a state of mind, and temperament of spirit that I was there solely for my friend and this special time in His life; and for the most part, I held to this mindset; losing it only briefly in a moment of weakness only to be uplifted by another true brother and friend.

Bright and cloudless blue skies kissed the miles of flat plains, hills, trees, and sparkling lakes of the Missouri landscape. The breezes of these warm summer days added to my peace as I walked the farm property of my hosts; the Hall family, who have, for lack of a better word adopted me as one of their own.

Country walks, back of the truck rides, holding and playing with new born baby chicks after having watched them hatch, guitar strumming sessions, back porch fellowship, full moons, cowboy boots, preparing for the wedding, crying in the wedding, standing at my best friends side as he said his vows, mid afternoon matinee’s, walks through the mall, meeting wonderful new people, Silent Knight, and learning poker while playing for the first time and actually doing quite well are some of the highlights from this trip.


I heard a country song that I fell in love with while up there too… the chorus was simply, “God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy”………..words of wisdom and truth indeed. :)


I have a feeling that this may be my last trip to Missouri for a while; its funny because since starting this blog back in October of 08 I have been blessed to have made the trip 3 times. But I believe this last trip had a sense of peaceful closure to it. I know one thing though, rather my assumption about a break in returning is right or wrong, I am glad to have been blessed to be a part of the lives of such wonderful people. People of faith and humanity, and who know the true meaning of being a brother/sister/friend.

I can't help but thank God in my spirit for the simple yet great blessing of having been brought through trial and circumstance all to share in the blessings that He sows in the lives of others. It is a truly wonderful thing to reflect on. Precious, and priceless.


I plan to update this same blog later on today, to place some pictures on here. For now I say shalom.

No comments: