When I first started this particular blog back in November 08, all of my posts consisted of a compilation of my thoughts and experiences since leaving my last congregation of nearly five years. It was a therapy for me to write all those things and get everything out; not only to share, but for me to understand for myself (first and foremost). Looking back on it; I realized I did nothing wrong in leaving, and I do not regret it now. I see clearly that it was of God and it was meant. After I told my mom what I did she shared with me how "one door closes and another opens" yet "sometimes we won't see the open door at first because we are so busy looking at the closed door"...in my case, I stared at that closed door for quite a bit....looking at the light coming from the crease between the floor and the bottom of the door..reflecting on that light.remembering it, and how it felt....feeling the wood grain of the door..holding on to the cold steel of the knob...these things were necessary...I had to remember, had to understand.
But, a door had opened while my back was slightly turned...a door that gave off a light...a light whose warmth I understood embraced after having stepped in and stood awhile.

I have gone from blessing to blessing....from strengthening to humbling to strengthening again and I am grateful.
Since leaving my congregation I have had affirmations of new found convictions, a growing relationship with new believers I have encountered, and I feel closer to Yeshua and my Heavenly Father. My primary focus at this time in my life with all of my outward and inward transitions is to nurture my relationship with My Father and his only begotten Son...abiding by their Spirit, with all of its commandments and guidance.
On another note, but along the same vein I have been reading a great book as of late. It is extremely thorough, and clear in its presentation; its so small that I'm trying to read slow to savour it. It is called "Boundary Stones" ... I want to post a couple of excerpts from the book below. There will be four excerpts below. Each excerpt that I list below comes at the end of a chapter in which the author expounds (through scripture) upon what is written below.
Sin is defined by the Law
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness; (1 John 3:4)
In the Bible, the word sin refers to breaking one of the commandments. Though every human being is guilty of sinning against God by breaking his Law, believers receive forgiveness for their sins by faith in the Messiah. The Messiah sets us free from sin. However, to be clear: Being "set free from sin" is not the same as being "free to sin" Being saved makes it unacceptable for us to continue habitually living in sin. A person who has been forgiven and set free from sin will try to avoid sinning further. Avoiding sin requires keeping God's law.
***
Salvation is by Grace
Through Him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand. (Romans 5:2)
Keeping the Law in order to merit or maintain salvation is outside of the boundaries of biblical faith. Even before Messiah came, people received forgiveness for sin and the gift of grace through faith. Heroes of the Bible like Abraham, Moses,Joshua, and David were saved by grace, not by keeping the Law. God did not give his people the Law as a way for them to earn salvation. Instead, the Law was meant to be a guide for the life of faith. People kept the Law because they were faithful to God; they loved Him, and desired to obey His commandments.
***
God's people are His Servants
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God. (Romans 6:22)
Human beings are born sinners. Human beings are reborn as "the righteousness of God" in Messiah (2 Corinthians 5:21) Before receiving salvation through faith in Jesus Christ, a person is in spiritual and legal bondage to sin, unable to keep God's law. God redeemed us through His Son, Jesus, just as he redeemed the children of Israel from slavery out of Egypt. He rescues us out of our bondage to sin.Just as he set the children of Israel free from Egypt so that they could serve Him,God sets us free from sin to be slaves of righteousness. He gives every believer a spiritual rebirth through which we are granted the ability to lead lives or righteousness.
***
Torah (Law) and Spirit Are Not Opposites
And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statues and be careful to obey my rules. (Ezekiel 36:27)
The Spirit of God that spoke the commandments of the Law is the same Spirit that came upon the believers at Pentecost in Acts 2. The prophets predicted that in the New Covenant, God's Spirit would lead us to obey his commandments and would write his Law on our hearts. This is the same Law that God gave through Moses at Mount Sinai. Therefore, the Spirit and the Law are not opposites. Instead, the leading of the Spirit causes us and enables us to carry out the commandments of God's law.
Like I said, its an awesome book, and I almost don't want to finish it. I am a big fan of First Fruits of Zion and their educational ministry. They are an invaluable asset to the greater Body of Christ and their resources in strengthening the believers, and seekers in their walk; is paramount. For now I will say shalom and will leave you all with a thought conveyed in "Boundary Stones"
pgs 31-32
The commandments given on the mountain, scribed by the very finger of God, are inspired by the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God Himself, and God does not change. When He gave the holy statues to Israel, he did not make up random, insignificant,or arbitrary rules. Rather, every commandment reveals his precise will and accurately shows what God values and considers important. The God who gave His law to Moses,is the same God who sent His son, Jesus. The Spirit that filled Moses is the same Spirit that filled the Apostles. What God considers right and good has not and will not change, and it is revealed in in the Torah (Law).
for more info on "Boundary Stones" and its accompanying study resources visit: www.boundarystones.com



No comments:
Post a Comment