Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beginning of Months

The beginning of months is on my heart. And there is a quietness in my spirit.

Today; all over the world, in the Jewish diaspora and in judaic and messianic communities people are observing the beginning of months, the new year.....

The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, "This month shall be for you the beginning of months. It shall be the first month of the year for you.-Exodus 12:1-2


Historically, as the completion of the cycle of the moon ends, and their is complete darkness in the sky, then the rosh chodesh, (the new moon) would be observed by the jewish diaspora the world over as it is this day.There is no moon in the sky presently. I remember last night, reading the facebook status of a Jewish sister living in Israel who was wishing everyone a Happy Beginning of Months.

In ancient times, one would simply look for the first sliver of the moon's newly begun cycle to determine when the new month began; some, (including myself) look to the sky for the crescent also.

Nevertheless it is a blessed time today and these next couple of days because it is the beginning of months, the new year...spring is upon us, and the new things of the earth birth and bring forth life.

Another thing on my heart is the community I have visited...I am thinking about writing them a heart felt letter...I think I may write more on this at another time.

For now, I am grateful for the new year, grateful for life in Him, and hoping to grow closer to my Father through His Son, I'm hoping to nurture the relationships that I have...and hoping to wisely use the resources at my disposal, the fruits of my increase; to bless others.

I had a dream about my upcoming visit with the Hall Family also...it was a pleasant some what silly dream where I had forgotten to buy my plane ticket the night before my departure, and didn't have enough money in my bank account to purchase one...yet somehow I made it, and I remember taking pictures with Lauren...which I thought was pretty funny.

Anyway. I really look forward to my visit, it is an honor to be able to keep the Passover with the Hall Family, they are very close to my heart. I think about the time ahead and consider myself ascending to our Masters Passover...going up to a high place, and landing far away yet still at home. (My over imaginative way of describing my plane flight :) )


Shalom to whomever reads this; and again Happy New Year, Happy Beginning of Months..

No comments: