Thursday, November 24, 2011
Pressing On, Pressing In
For most of my life in faith I've had this sense that there was so much more to God and His working. As the years go by I am constantly reminded of just how vast God is. Keeping an open heart and mind has helped me along the way, and having assurances here and there have made my transitions all the more meaningful. So much has transpired recently. For one, the committed relationship that I wrote about in my last blog post, ended. It was not something I chose, nor was it something I saw coming; such is life right? Also, an opportunity came up in my job, (more responsibility, more money and in another city...) . I accepted it.
I want to add here that such decisions are totally against the grain of my nature. I'm an even keeled, conservative kind of guy and would never just up and relocate to another city on a whim. My logic was simply that this was something new and different, I would be challenged and I would also grow...above all of this, I have faith that God is with me, and it is just another stage/season in my journey. How long will this season last? I have no idea.
Lately my heart’s desire has been to press in. And by that I mean, focusing all of my energy into God's presence. Aiming to maintain an open awareness, and to be led in a proper response moment by moment.
Another thing that has been on my heart is Atlanta and all that it entails for me: my place (God has blessed me to own it and be there for a little over a year now) my family, friends, and congregation; (the seat of so many things in my life over the last few years) community,service,friendship,growth,affection,family,admonishment,teachings,counsel,prayer,fun..so many things), life...life as I know it and have known it for my now almost twenty seven years of existence.
Emotions and attachments are resonating loud within me lately...and its quieted ever so often by thoughts of God and what may lie ahead.
My journey of faith and being open to the vastness of what my faith in the Son of God entails has blessed me to flourish and be a part of some diverse circumstances. I can worship in a synagogue and in a church and know and be amongst two groups of people who profess the same faith.
I can reflect on how there is a God beyond human comprehension that exists outside of all that we know as boundary, yet declares in ancient texts that He is nearer than the very beat of my heart and breath in my lungs.
Its awing; I’m grateful. Grateful for my faith, grateful for my journey, grateful that there is a God in heaven who loves me...indeed like the song says, a love that never fails, never
..gives up, never runs out on me...grateful for relationships...countless that affect me in its own unique way, that affirm and show display even more tangibly God's great love.
So where am I at now? Well it looks like I’ll be moving in about a week from now, ….we’ll see how that goes. I have no idea how any of this is going to play out. I’m totally dependent on Him. Should it be any other way? Here’s to pressing on and pressing in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment