Love is so essential. It gives healing and comfort. It gives hope and security. It blesses those who give it and those who receive it.
A short while back during the Holy Days of this Fall I spoke about the impression that was laid upon my heart to seek to love others with God's love, and to be selfless. This impression has not ended but has been frequent in my thoughts as of late.
Recently, I've had to really fight to trust in God to move through me to be impartial, loving, selfless and supportive to my brothers and sisters in the faith. And it has been a blessing, but also revealing as to just how much I need God to operate through me, and how far away from Him I am without Him. The scriptures are true when they say that, there is nothing good in us (our flesh) (Romans 7:18).....and that as believers its all of Him and none of us (Galatians 2:20/Philippians 2:13)....
I realize more and more that if I think/stress/worry/doubt/fear less.......and just let go, and let peace come to me by faith, and by giving my burdens over to God, then not only can I operate in that love and selflessness that I desire, but I also will have an assured hope that God is working through everything for our good, and that He will heal all things...in this case, its the hardships faced by some of my brothers and sisters in faith that I know personally. Trials that have been affecting our fellowship but are beginning to get better.
But yeah thats where I am at. Trying to study more....still in the Torah portions, reading a book on the history of the Sephardim, listening to a promo for First Fruits of Zion's Hayesod Discipleship program, and just started the audio sermon, Galatians series on Beth Immanuel's website.
I've been in prayer and trying to grow closer to God and my brothers and sisters, and these different studies occupying my time have really helped me to stay spiritually on track.
I'm just one day away from the my congregation's men's retreat.......last year I went......it was awesome.
And this year, our speaker is going to be a Messianic Rabbi who has an actual congregation in Jerusalem! I read his bio in a pamphlet at my congregation and his testimony is awesome. I hope to write more about it after my return, God Willing.
God Bless you to whomever is reading this. Take Care, and remember God in all that you do. Shalom!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment