Friday, September 11, 2009

my week & worry

Ok. I have a few moments to write a quick blog.

I just wanted to get some thoughts out about this past week. For starters. I have officially joined the congregation that I have been writing and praying about for so long. God gave me a peace about it and I am very confident and grateful about the decision. And I am excited about whats ahead.

This week at work has been productive. However...I realized a weakness of my flesh...something that I have been aware of for years but I really had to acknowledge and seriously address it in prayer this time.

Worry.

At times I can literally consume myself in self imposed, spirit stifling worry. And its so not healthy. :(

It consumes my thoughts and affects my mood and takes my mind off of the faith and obedience that I should be ever constant in abiding in.

Pretty much something came up at work that sank me into this state and I went away into one of the data closets and began my afternoon prayer by pouring out my heart to God on the matter and asking Him to grant me peace.......and He gave it. And not only that but the whole thing worked itself out (as it always does) by the end of my work day.

I was just amazed at how I let myself get worked up like that.

Reader, I tell you one thing.......if you are a person of faith especially....we have no allowances for worry......all things work for our good (romans 8:28) ....our Savior admonishes us not take thought for tomorrow, and even asks a very pertinent question when it comes to worrying and being anxious. In addition to all of this, and first and foremost........GOD IS IN CONTROL. I have a real close friend that says this often and is very quick to emphasize that in times of uncertainty...and its so true.


We really could live stress free lives if we wanted to, just thinking on these scriptures alone. Remember, We are God's, He gives us no allowances for worry.

The thing is, its like walking in the spirit, its easier said than done because the state of our nature and our flesh.....but that shouldn't stop us from striving for it...it shouldn't stop us from remembering it.

I think thats about it.......I am so looking forward to the sabbath!! Its only a few hours away! I get to go to the new members reception tomorrow after services and then its off to spend a weekend at UGA with some close friends who are believers to keep the rest of and close out Sabbath with them.


Much love to whomever reads this. Shalom, shalom.

No comments: