Thursday, August 12, 2010

waiting...

Thought I'd do a quick update.

I sort of have this quiet contentment and almost borderline since of melancholy. There are times I want to stress but then I remember that my anxieties, worries, fears, and even pressures are not my God so why should I serve them? Why not serve God who is God and is near?

Thats what I remind myself and thats what keeps me sane and going.

What does all of this mean you say? Well, a few things are going on. I'm waiting to close on my place. Its being delayed. Not because of anything on my end, but the actual processing and inner workings on the end of the mortgage broker and realty company.

I'm literally blind right now as things work in the background and fall into place while I wait. Thats ok though; if theres one thing my short time on earth has taught is that all things happen for a reason, and that God's timing is perfect in all things despite how things may seem.

There is also the issue with work. The company I work for has a huge contract with a very large University Housing facility in the state where I live and things are about to get super busy with the advent of the summer being over and school about to begin. So many projects are going on back to back.

On a side note, I have to do my testimony soon for my college/career group at my congregation. Those who are familiar with my blog know that this blog was started at a crucial transitioning point in my walk in faith, and despite how much I have written on here I am still seeking God as to how best to put my testimony together. Considering my audience I know a lot of the things that I have experienced faith wise may be foreign. I am actually considering having a friend record my testimony, sort of like a video blog, to have as a back up just in case I can't make it to personally give my testimony seeing as how my work schedule is about to change. (11-8) as opposed to (9-6). Interesting huh?

I am looking forward to giving my testimony though. I hope that it will bless and edify those who hear it. And I hope that I also will gain new insight and assurances an as I dig deep and go back over my journey. God is beautiful, and I thank Him for allowing me to have such a tangible and living faith, and to have some truly unique experiences and growth encounters that have nurtured that faith.

I say it time and time again but I thank God for the people He has placed in my life throughout the years and even presently. They have helped shape so much that is in and around me.

I think thats about it as far as my update. Its weird because as I wait for this transition into moving and getting settled in my place I know that there are a great number of things that have to be done. It seems and feels like all of these things that need to be accomplished, (with work also) are sort of suspended above me and out of reach while being in reach. And I care for these things but I don't.......I think if I tried to hold on to them I'd quickly become overwhelmed....but as it remains these things are in the hand of God, (literally and in the acknowledgement of my heart); so that they are not nearly as weighing as I know they could be. Again this goes back to me not stressing; and choosing rather to serve God in faith instead.

I was driving to work the other day and I started to feel the lull of the mundane.....lull of life and my thoughts began to weigh my down, and then immediately the counsel of a close friend in faith came to mind. "Start thanking God"....and thats what I did, I started to thank God.....started to think of good things and started thanking Him for this, for that......for life, health, safe journeys, provision, His Son......

and immediately that lull was gone and I was encouraged.

Thank you for your time reader. Take care.


who knows maybe the next time I post I'll be settled into my place? God knows. Peace.

No comments: