Friday, January 29, 2010

Lately

Lately there has been an internal drive inside me to cling to the the beautiful things of God in life. To cling to the hope of His promises, covenants, reality, and things of the World to Come. This internal drive is pit against the desires of my flesh to worry, stress, and there are even hints of resentment and despondency there.


I'm trying to paint a picture in words of whats going on inside and I'm not sure that I can. Suffice it to say that I am in a place where I have to constantly affirm my trust in God in the face of uncertainty regarding some things in the future. I am in a place where I must expect and trust in God's provision. None of these things are foreign to me, but its just a greater reality for me in this season, and its at the forefront.

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?--Matthew 6:27

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness...--Matthew 6:33

...your Father knows what you need before you ask him.--Matthew 6:8


I try and occupy my time with scripture study, commentaries, spending time with people of faith, listening to encouraging music of faith and audio lessons. All of these things help to permeate a mindset of where my heart should be so I don't lose sight of the important things.

This has helped a great deal. But its a fight to stay focused and affirm the greater reality of God's sovereignty, and love.

On another note, lately I have been focused on some very deep aspects of a life of faith in Messiah, Yeshua. (Jesus Christ)

These reflections came first through an audio teaching, then through the form of counsel/correction from a close friend, and then it was affirmed by another close friend who was just sharing what God had made known to Him. Let me share a portion of all three.

In the audio lesson, it was simply a focus on this scripture...


I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.--Galatians 2:20

My close friend's counsel, and correction focused on how our conscience shouldn't be our sole guide in this walk of faith because the reality is we should die to ourselves and even our minds so that the mind and purity of Messiah in us can truly operate in our being. To put his statement in context, he was referencing my comment to Him that my conscience was clear regarding something that He was correcting me on that I had done.

Finally, my other friend shared with me how God shared with Him just how unworthy he (we) is (are) and how the only reason we can even come before Him is because of the sacrifice that was given. This made me think about how throughout the New Covenant scriptures it is consistently written that Messiah's faithfulness, righteousness, and right standing before the Heavenly Father are all imputed to those who believe.......those are some powerful gifts that are given, and it shapes a greater spiritual reality that we sometimes lose sight of in the day to day.




Thats pretty much it, I wanted to get those thoughts out, it feels good to type and reflect. Thank you for your time reader, shalom, shalom.

ps--Feel free to keep me in your prayers :)

No comments: