I am tired, yet awake, and I suppose somewhat still settling from adrenaline going throughout me.
Today's work day was intense, but from the refreshing and strength that came after my morning prayers throughout the day I felt that God was with me, as I sought to walk pleasing to Him, He blesed me, over and over again. He gave me favor, and He gave me peace. He blessed the work of my hands, and gave me favor.
When the moments got tense, (and there were more than a few) He was still with me. I have to remember that He's always there. As a close friend once wrote in a poem, "Behind every frown there is a smile, Behind every trouble there is Hope, behind every sadness there is happieness" *paraphrasing* Buts its true, its all what we make it. God is faithful and if we hold on to that faithfulness then its always good for us, no matter what.
I normally don't do this but check out my inspirations throughout this week coveyed through my facebook statuses :)
"do the best you can, one step at a time, and let God work through the moments for your good."
"getting through the stress and anxieties of the moments its so beautiful to look and realize that God is in control, and everything as it should be, and to have a clear conscience that you did what was right when it mattered."
those were my personal self revelations throughout the work week...
ok, the point of the title...earlier at work i was working and working and then i thought, "hey, I'm working to enter Sabbath rest" using my current circumstance to mirrror the spiritual reality. And indeed God blessed me to get off work, and greet the sabbath in peace or as my facebook status currently says..
"God has blessed me greatly, I am so thankful...He blessed me to get through a very busy/intense work day, to have things go smoothly with me picking up my car and to greet the sabbath in peace of mind and refreshing...now its time to relax, and rest... in Him, and as an added treat I get to take my family to see Paul Wilbur tomorrow....Im so grateful"
so yes I got the car! Loving it by the way, but to tired to realize it...things went so smooth.
And I was blessed to have the sabbath off work at a time when I wasn't so sure I could do that, but God is faithful, and I haven't had to work a single sabbath since being on this job.
AND! I get to see Paul Wilbur!!
and for dinner when I got home?
salaad, and a smoothie........on Shabbat :)
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment