During my observances during this season of Passover and Unleavened Bread I have sought to physically eat unleavened bread, while avoiding things with yeast and or leavening in them. In this new year, the spiritual renewals that come with dedication and re-dedication to a life given to the risen Savior, I find myself seeking to be unleavened, in death to my flesh with its sin. In the state of new beginnings and recommitment.
I realize more and more the continuity of life, with all of its changing, and effortless will to go on despite an individuals wishes. I look back through time at my own life and realize the need to hold on to trust in Him throughout this journey...it is the only thing that has and will keep me safe.(Prov 3:5-7;16:3,Luke 10:27)
I want to reflect on past mistakes, learn from them, move forward.
Also for the moment it seems that I will have to guard certain affections, and continue in the discipline of not seeking love, yet still being open to it. I need to grow in maturing and discernment in this area, and I know that the only way to avoid hurt to myself or others, is to seek God in all things and grow in what I am shown. It is in this state that my heart is is in Heaven and not fixed on the possible "one" that's here on earth. Again there is this desire to have more of Him and less of me. No distractions. No self to get in the way. Only selflessness and finding the life that He desires for me; indeed not just in love, but in all things.
There was a prayer that was prayed over me recently and it inspired me; in it the brother asked the Heavenly Father that I find myself lost in Him so much that nothing else in my life, not my flesh, not anything, would get in the way of that total selling out to my Maker. And to this I say amen. This I claim over of my life, and indeed have prayed for it since then. I desire it. I want to lose myself in the Father through His Son, to the point where I don't get in the way... In this state I can be in a mind that is in constant awareness of His grace, embrace of His ever present love, and in the quietness and assurances of His guidance.
In turn, may I show grace continually to others, (without judgment, partiality, or hypocrisy); may I love unfailingly all who I encounter, and help reveal His guidance to others should I be called to do so. As I type this I realize that my strength and compassion are not enough, because they will fail, they fail because I am wretched and the love that I am capable of is not my own, they do not endure as the compassion and strength of Yeshua (Jesus) does...and so in my short comings and in my weaknesses I must rely on Him, because I can not do it alone, and if I am to truly do any of the things that I desire in this blog, then it will be of Him and not of me. I am a sinner, I am nothing, I want more of Him, less of me. Free of the thoughts that are not of Him, free from the confinement of fear and insecurity.
When I think about the future and the uncertainty of what a day will bring or whats around the corner, I remember the words of our Savior who said to, "seek first the Kingdom of Heaven and His righteousness" and to "take no thought/or not be anxious for tomorrow" (Matthew 6:33-34) I have been greatly blessed so far in my journey of faith; and the essence and heart of my blessings have come from what the Father has allowed me to experience amongst others who have given their lives to seeking and committing their lives pleasing to Him. I have been strengthened, and assured by these encounters...encounters that have allowed me to personally see and take part of the diversity amongst the Messiah's body in the earth...a diversity that appears at times to contradict itself, yet in reality has a seamless commonality of sincerity of heart and genuineness of life and faith. I have learned so much in these encounters, I have grown, and seen the beauty of recognizing the blessing of God's grace in others lives, and witnessing His work in their lives, as well as my own.
I appreciate the diversity, and pray I never lose sight of the beauty of it, nor come to a point where I believe I have it all understood, all figured out...I pray that I have a discernment in regards to what the Father expects of me as outlined in His Holy Scriptures. And I pray that I don't prejudge another's life nor claim to understand with a certainty a work of God in someones life rather for good or for bad. I pray I only recognize the need to only be a friend, a brother, and a neighbor.
I want to move foreward......I am my beloved's and my beloved's is mine. I lay at the feet of my Master, and desire to serve and be faithful to my Husband.
I have an excitement about whats in store, because I sense a freedom and limitlessness in the possibilities of how I can be used if I just simply remain in Him...I sense it, and have seen it so far along this journey...and I believe, I hope there is more to come.
Last but not least I want to say that I had a wonderful trip in Missouri and was blessed amongst the Hall family, and had quite possibly one of the best Passover's I have ever had.
Shalom to whomever reads this.
Here is a photo I took while in Missouri.
l



2 comments:
Danny, you are such a blessing! I'm glad you had a fabulous Passover.
Thank you Ciara, thats very kind.
Post a Comment