Sunday, December 14, 2008

rise and shine

early sunday morning,

I thought I'd right a quick note/blog before I head out the door. Its. 6:46 am right now, and I've been up for the past few hours. Just reading scripture and reflecting on a lot of things. I am so grateful, I feel really at peace and refreshed.

Ok, so some thoughts.

Earlier yesterday during the sabbath I thought about how my schools of thought played a lot into the cultivation of my faith. I came into the faith as a Hebrew Israelite, and was taught and believed that African Americans were the true descendants of Israel, and in recent years I have encountered believers from all walks of life and schools of thought and as of late have experienced a lot of Messianic Judaism in particular.

I have seen so many worlds within the spectrum of faith in the God of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and his Only Begotten our Messiah.

I thought about earlier how I am somewhat weary of proclamations of who is who and who isn't the who they say they are. (lol)

I want to return to the simplicity of the faith and obedience that God calls for in all men, as saith the scriptures.

On a greater scale, I believe that God meets us where we are in our lives (according to our hearts desire to seek and know him and take part in the change that he desires within us) no matter who we are, or where we are. So often our life experiences, and current circumstances while in the faith shape our perception,and as a result (for many) this has created the myriad of schools of thought, ideologies and denominations that we see in the world today.And for some unfortunately they have taken these gifts from the Heavenly Father in their lives and pitted them against others as the "truth", and have caused division, clash, strife, and discord.

And as for all of us in the faith, at the root; we have our faith, convictions and personal affirmations that have made us who we are.

Yet the greater reality of it all is that we are all (those in the faith, and by faith I mean anyone who holds to faith in the Messiah) fruits of the labor that the Son of God and his disciples, and apostles worked so long ago. And that the Heavenly Father is doing a work in the earth as he as always done, and nothing can be added to it or taken away from it. He is in control and His will will be done no matter what. No amount of earthly ideas, ambitions and self will amongst believers can change that. At the end of the day we must simply "be", and live our lives of faith and obedience the best we can. Loving one another and helping one another along the way.

shalom to whomever reads this.

No comments: